Diplomate Recertification Policy
To uphold ABQAURP's professional standards and maintain Diplomate status, Diplomates must meet all recertification requirements as determined by the Board of Directors. Under this policy, Diplomates are required to continue their professional education in the field of Health Care Quality and Management (HCQM) and Patient
Safety through participation in an approved program for continuing medical education. It is essential for each Diplomate to complete a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CE credit hours of applicable continuing education per 2-year recertification cycle. Additionally, through the continued support by means of annual fees, Diplomates help support the research and development of educational programs and to maintain the integrity of the certification examination.
The recertification cycle is two (2) years, with the member's initial recertification cycle beginning on January 1, after passing the exam, and ending on December 31 of the second year.
- Each member is required to complete a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CE credit hours of continuing education as relevant to the fields of Health Care Quality and management per 2-year recertification cycle.
- Each member is required to remain current with all account balances.
ABQAURP automatically reviews all Diplomate member records to determine if the requirements have been fulfilled. As members accumulate hours of continuing education, ABQAURP updates the recertification period for two (2) years if all requirements are met. Since the continuing education requirement is intended to keep members current with emerging trends and technologies, excess hours cannot be applied to the next recertification cycle. An updated Diplomate certificate will be sent automatically to the renewing members within eight (8) weeks of fulfilling the recertification requirements.
Options for Obtaining Credit
Completion of a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CEU credit hours of ABQAURP-accredited continuing education through any combination of the following:
- Attendance at any ABQAURP-accredited CE Conference.
- Completion of any ABQAURP-accredited CE Home Study or Online Course(s).
- Attendance at any ABQAURP-accredited jointly provided program of 8 CME / 8 CE or more credit hours.
- Development of an approved CE course or conference presentation for ABQAURP. The
member will be awarded up to 8.0 credits toward the recertification requirement.
Please contact Deborah Naser by email at email@example.com to learn more.
Completion of a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CE credit hours of HCQM-focused content through non-ABQAURP accredited CE programs. A CE Recertification Application must be submitted with the applicable Recertification Fee. Click here to view/download the CE Recertification Application.
Re-examination for Diplomate members.
Termination of Diplomate Status
Diplomate status may be terminated by the Board of Directors for the following reasons:
- Revocation of professional license; or
- Falsification of application, felony offenses or other adverse professional action detrimental to the organization as defined by the Board of Directors; or
- Failure to fulfill the continuing education requirement as determined by the Board of Directors; or
- Failure to pay all dues and fees owed to ABQAURP.
Approved by the Board of Directors February 11, 2003