Individuals who perform or are involved in any of the following
activities below have the opportunity to enhance their existing
clinical credentials by obtaining Sub-Specialty certification. This
option is a reflection of ABQAURP’s continual evolution into the many
associated areas of Health Care Quality and Management.
Additional certifications are available in the following categories:
All eligible candidates must verify:
- Physician Advisor (physicians only)
- Transitions of Care
- Managed Care
- Patient Safety / Risk Management
- Case Management
- Workers’ Compensation
1. Current Diplomate status with ABQAURP.
2. Current, non-restricted licensure and/or certification appropriate to
the individual’s profession in EACH state or territory in which the
individual is licensed or certified (if applicable to individual’s
3. Documentation of active involvement in the candidate’s chosen
Sub-Specialty (Physician Advisor, Transitions of Care, Managed Care, Patient Safety/Risk
Management, Case Management or Workers’ Compensation) within the past
four years. A minimum of 312 hours must be devoted to each
Sub-Specialty, which is an average of two hours per week over three
years. This experience must be verified by a reference on the
4. A minimum of 24 hours of ABQAURP-approved continuing education pertinent to the chosen Sub-Specialty.
There is a $200.00 non-refundable fee for each Sub-Specialty (applying
for these at time of initial certification qualifies for reduced rates).
Contact Barbara Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Health Care Quality and Management Certification and the Physician Advisor Sub-Specialty Certification are endorsed by: